THE NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE ON MONDAY MARCH 4TH 2024 AT 6:30pm IN THE DUCHY BARN.
PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS, COFFEE MORNING IN DUCHY BARN, 10 - 12 NOON SATURDAY 9th MARCH 2024.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor at the forthcoming May election come along to the above event to find out more and meet with existing councillors and/or contact Parish Clerk using the Clerk contact form.
ON THURSDAY 02 MAY 2024, A COMBINATION OF LOCAL ELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE IN COLCHESTER. THERE WILL BE ELECTIONS FOR:
Colchester City Council, the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex and some Parishes also have elections, that may be contested. Dedham Parish Council has nine councillors and if there are more than nine nominations then there will have to be an election.
|Friday 22 March
|Notice of Election published
|Monday 25 March
|Poll cards dispatched
|Friday 05 April 4pm
|Candidate nomination deadline
|Tuesday 16 April Midnight
|Registration to vote deadline
|Wednesday 17 April 5pm
|Postal vote deadline
|Wednesday 24 April 5pm
|Proxy vote deadline
|Thursday 02 May
DEDHAM NOTES - FACEBOOK PAGE
Dedham Parish Council are sponsoring a community noticeboard on Facebook to provide up to date information for residents.
ROYAL SQUARE CONSULTATION
ESSEX PLAYING FIELD ASSOCIATION - 2023 AWARDS.
Dedham Parish Council received four Awards at the Awards ceremony which was held at Springfield Cricket Club in Chelmsford on Thursday 19 October 2023. The children’s play area won the Gerald Snook Award for Children’s playgrounds, the playing field received a Gold Award, the Cricket pitch, a Silver Award and the Football pitch, a Silver Award. Click on the link to see a copy of the award. Congratulations to all those who look after this area.
GARDEN WASTE SUBSCIPTION SERVICE
Colchester City Council will be charging for garden waste collection in 2024. This charge has been introduced for the following reasons: To charge only those residents that wish to use the service. To generate income that can be used to offset some cost increases to deliver essential frontline services. The garden waste collection will be an ‘opt in’ service. Residents that want to use it will need to subscribe and pay. The subscription will be an additional payment and is not part of your council tax. There will be a one off £35 joining fee per bin and a £55 annual service fee per bin (your subscription allows up to 4 bins)
BUS TIMETABLES AS FROM 30TH OCTOBER 2023.
DPC CHAIRMANS ANNUAL REPORT.
The Chairman of Dedham Parish Council presented his Annual report for 2022 at the Annual Parish Assembly on Monday May 22nd. You can read a copy of his report here.
NORWICH - TILBURY PROPOSED POWER LINES IN THE DEDHAM AREA.
Our Home Page was updated in May 2023. The links (shown by Arrows) access internal pages (), site documents ()and external web pages (). We have no control over the nature, content and availability of external pages. We would welcome feedback via the feedback form on the foot of the page.
Colchester Planning Portal. (Search CO7 6)
Planning your visit and travel.
- Before you leave home, plan your visit in advance and work out where you will park if you are driving and what public facilities such as toilets, baby changing, and electric vehicle charge points are available.
- When parking, please use designated car parks and do not block entrances or roads so that emergency services and farm vehicles can access rural areas.
- Wherever possible, please try to use public transport, walk, or cycle.
- Please check weather forecasts before you leave home and make sure you are prepared for the elements. In an emergency, please call 999.
- Thinking of taking your canoe or paddleboard on the river Stour? Please note a license is required to use the river. All craft must be registered to take to the water on any part of England's canals, rivers, and navigations. Register your craft at www.riverstourtrust.org.
- Only swim, paddleboard, or kayak in open water if you are a competent swimmer. Let someone know where you're going and when you expect to return.
- Find out more water-based safety advice at www.rnli.org.
Respect people and place.
- Pick up litter and take it home with you or deposit into the nearest bin.
- Ensure you don't harm, destroy, or remove any wildlife, trees, plants and rocks as they all form part of the local ecosystem.
- Do not light fires or BBQs, especially during summer months, as these can cause wildfires.
Stick to marked paths.
- Nesting birds and other wildlife can be disturbed if you get too close. Please stick to marked paths.
- Leave any gates you come across on your travels as you found them..
- Do not cycle on footpaths.
- Put your dog on a lead when around crops, livestock, and wild animals.
- Pick up dog poo and take it home with you or deposit in the nearest dog bin.
80 Chapel Road,
Essex, CO6 3HL
Telephone: 01206 240 772
Last updated - 12/12/2023.
Pages are checked using the WAVE (Web accessibilty evaluation tool) and once they have been identified with no errors, they will be marked with a tick symbol .
Contact the Parish Council