These changes will help us to focus on recycling more, which is something we all need to do to help preserve our environment.
These plans will reduce the impact that we have on our environment and cut down on what we put into landfill.
We know that change can sometimes be rather daunting, but we will try our best to make this as uncomplicated as possible.
These changes, which were approved by Cabinet on Tuesday 20 of December 2016, include:
- Wheelie bins will be introduced to some areas of our Borough. More information on these areas will be available from Spring 2017. Note: Wheelie bins will not be introduced in Dedham
- Introducing fortnightly collections of black sacks.
- Setting the maximum number of black sacks per household to three.
- We will no longer provide a delivery of free black sacks every year.
- Food waste will still be collected every week.
- Free clear bags will be delivered and remain available from your local collection point.
- White garden bags will be free from 20 June.
- We encourage the use of a second green box so that glass and cans can be separated, which is available to pick up now from your local stockists.
There will be a collection day change for 18% of households so for those residents remaining on sacks there will be a collection day look-up facility added to the website at the end of May
Other recycling collections will remain unchanged. Please carry on using the recycling containers you already have for paper, plastics, cans, glass, textiles, food and green waste.
If you live in a flat and have a communal area from which your rubbish and recycling is collected then these changes will not affect you.
Until 20 June, when the changes will be introduced, please put your rubbish and recycling out as normal.