Following a recent public consultation there will be changes to mobile library services from week beginning 2nd April, 2018. I am writing to confirm that the current stop(s) at Parsons Field and Dedham Meade will no longer be served, as they do not meet the new criteria for the provision of mobile library services namely that
· the stop is 1.5 miles or more from a library
· the average number of customers (rounded to the nearest integer) is more than one
· each community should have only one stop (the most popular and/or accessible stop will be kept) – keeping the stop at The Square
· the stop(s) remain accessible to the mobile library vehicles
We have been working directly with customers at your local stop(s) to find the best solution for each individual, so that they can continue to access library books. The option for mobile library users are :- using a local library, using a different mobile library stop, a Friends & Family card, or perhaps a visit from one of our Home Library Service volunteers. So that we can make sure that we find the right solution to best meet the needs of each individual, we are asking people to get in touch with us by either by
· emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· or telephoning 0345 603 7628.
Details of nearby mobile library stops and the new timetables can be found at libraries.essex.gov.uk. In future the stop will be every three weeks.